It’s been a while since I’ve done any treasure hunting other than searching for some clothes for myself before we went on vacation.
I’ve been refraining from any kind of shopping because we really don’t need any more stuff in our house. However, now that I know I’ll be getting rid of all the fabulous things we no longer use at my Mom’s rummage sale in a couple of months, I gave myself permission to search for some learning books and games for the kids.
While our kids were in nature class this week I went to the nearby Goodwill and found a few things to take up space in our home.
Here are the amazing (or maybe not so amazing) treasures I found on my hunt:
Discovery Toys Playful Patterns Design Activity – $0.99
Sequence States & Capitals Game – $2.99
Discovery Toys Flip Flop Faces – $2.99
22 Mini Beanie Babies New in Package – $3.99
Thrifty Finds for Kids
- Sequence States and Capitals Game – $2.99 (This was my most exciting find because Snootz is finishing up learning the state capitals right now and this is a perfect review game! He loves games so if we can turn learning or review into a game he gets really excited and will eagerly do it.)
- Discovery Toys Playful Patterns Design Activity – $0.99 (includes colorful foam shapes and also design cards to introduce early geometry concepts.)
- Discovery Toys Flip Flop Faces – $2.99 (includes colorful bowls and bean bags. These are really cute and I know I can use the colorful bowls for a variety of activities.)
- Star Wars Episode I Official Souvenir Magazine – $2.99 (A special surprise for Snootz. He loves Star Wars and is counting the days until the new movie, The Force Awakens, comes out….release date set for December 18th!!)
- 2 LeapFrog Tag Books – $0.59 each
- Jurassic Park Book – $0.59
- The Usborne Book of Air Travel Games – $0.59 (we love Usborne Books!)
- Let’s Learn Music Book – $0.89
- NEW Package of Notecards – $0.50
- Bag of 22 NEW Mini Beanie Babies – $3.99 (These were in a big plastic bag and I wasn’t even sure how many were until after I bought it. I was glad to find that there were 22 and all of them are new and in sealed bags. These Mini Beanie Babies had originally come with McDonald’s Happy Meals and I bought them with the intention of putting them into Operation Christmas Child shoeboxes. I know it’s a while until we need to start putting shoeboxes together but if I see a really good deal on something I have no problem buying ahead. However, once the girls saw these they were super excited about them and asked if they can give them to their friends for their birthday party. Since they are new and sealed that is fine with me. Whatever we don’t use for their birthday party we will use for the Operation Christmas Child shoeboxes.
Total Damage: $17.70, minus -$5.00 coupon, plus tax $0.71
Grand Total: $13.41
It certainly isn’t necessary to buy a lot of different learning toys or games for learning to occur but it can be fun to add some new things to the mix. The kids are often very creative and use new toys or games in ways I hadn’t thought of before.
If you are interested in keeping an eye out for good learning toys for preschoolers, you can find our top 10 favorites here.
Since it’s rummage sale season there are lots of goodies to be found at this time of the year! Have you found any treasures recently?
GAIN INSTANT ACCESS TO MY LIBRARY OF FREE LEARNING PRINTABLES
Subscribe to get your FREE learning printables available only to subscribers!