As I talked about last week, finding preowned items for our children and also reselling, has really helped our family these last few years. I made two quick trips to Goodwill this week and my Mom picked up some awesome things for me, so between the two of us there were some super finds.
As far as sales, I had over $100 in eBay sales, which is more than I’ve sold for quite a while. As we get closer to Christmas, I will list more and sales will probably continue to be fairly good.
My first trip to Goodwill was on my way to the grocery store and in about 20 minutes I found these items:
- Groovy Girls with full outfits $0.50 each – I will put these into the Happy Box (I’ll tell you more about that soon!)
- Think Fun Roll & Play game for $0.50 – I was so excited to find this! The big plush die can be used for all kinds of fun learning games we come up with on our own!
Total with tax: $1.58
My second trip to Goodwill I again had only about 15-20 minutes and I found these items (for me to have two shopping trips without the kids in one week is pretty close to miraculous. This doesn’t typically happen.):
I had a 10% off coupon and these prices reflect that.
- Strawberry Shortcake House for $1.79 – If I can find Strawberry Shortcake figures before Christmas we will give this to the girls as a Christmas gift.
- Dinosaur Train Talking Interactive Tiny for $0.89 – I am planning to sell this. Does anyone have this or know anything about it? It makes some weird, crackling sounds but I don’t know if that’s supposed to be the sound of the thing chewing food or if there is something wrong with it?!
- Groovy Girls plush puppy for $0.45 – This will be put into the Happy Box for the girls but I will wash it first (I try to be as careful and clean as possible with used toys).
Total with tax: $3.13
This super fun find was actually made by my Mom who picked up a big box of Toy Story stuff from a rummage sale for me. She got everything in the box for $10.00. The kids were thrilled! We will keep some of it and I will sell some of it. The large talking Woody doll is so cute and is one of the things we are keeping.
Lastly, my Mom picked up four dresses for the girls at $2 each, so $8 total. Two of the dresses are Hanna Andersson and if you are familiar with Hanna Andersson you know that it is expensive. These are all size 6 so the girls probably won’t fit into them until next year but when you find an awesome deal like this and know that your children will use it in the somewhat near future (and you have room to store) then go for it! My Mom was so nice to wash these, put them on hangers and put plastic wrap around them so that I can keep them hung up until the girls are ready to wear them.
Thank you so much, Mom!!
Grand total for everything this week: $22.71
Did you have any fun thrifty finds this week?
GAIN INSTANT ACCESS TO MY LIBRARY OF FREE LEARNING PRINTABLES
Subscribe to get your FREE learning printables available only to subscribers!